At BGCS, we always want you to enjoy the best possible quality of service. We will listen to and work with you to make sure that you get the help that is available and right for you.
This Client Services Charter gives you information about what you can expect from our organisation and from the people who work here. It also tells you what you can do to help us give you the best service we can.
What you can expect from us
- Make it easy for you to contact us
- Help you to access our programs and services
- Tell you about your rights and responsibilities
- Arrange for an interpreter or other language services, if you need this
- Do the things we say we will do, like getting back to you when we say we will
- Be polite and respect your views, opinions and personal circumstances such as your culture, family situation, age, gender, disability, faith, sexual orientation or gender identity
- Protect your personal information and only use it for the right reasons
- Tell you if you are not eligible for a service or if there is a waiting list
- Give you information about the conditions of our programs and services and what aspects you can refuse
- Provide you with advice on other support that may be available here and elsewhere
- Give you opportunities to be involved in decisions about the services you access, and support you to have a say
- Tell you about any decision that affects you and the reasons for our decision
- Tell you how you can ask for our decision to be reviewed or how you can make a complaint.
How you can help us
You can help us provide you with a better service if you or your support person:
- Give us complete and accurate information
- Tell us if your situation or things in your life have changed or might be about to
- Treat our staff and volunteers with respect
- Respect our property and other people using our services
- Do the things you have agreed to do like keeping appointments with us, or
letting us know if you can’t attend appointments
- Nominate a support person to assist you in dealing with us, if you need to
- Give us honest feedback about our services.